Find out all the key information about local secondary schools here!
If you’re looking at moving into the local area and have secondary school aged children, one of your first considerations will be, what are the schools like? Luckily, the area surrounding the Hamble has a wide range of good secondary schools, state and private. It’s often difficult and time consuming to make these decisions using the mountains of information available online, so we’ve put together a handy guide below, containing some helpful facts to aid your choice.
You might also want to consider these practical points:
- How will your child get to school? Is it within walking distance and if not, is it your catchment school to enable your child to use a free bus service?
- What extracurricular opportunities does the school offer and do these fit your child’s interests?
- Schools will often specialise in particular areas such as performing arts and sports, it’s worth investigating this if your child has strengths in a specific subject.
- Secondary schools vary greatly in size, it’s worth consider which kind of environment would fit your child best.
- Will you be in catchment for the school you would prefer? Find out here: https://www.hants.gov.uk/educationandlearning/findaschool.
- Try to speak to parents of existing children, you’ll get the best gauge of opinion here. Plus, you’ll find out about the local area!
Our staff are all local to the Hamble River area and are very happy to answer your questions about the local area, schools, amenities, and leisure activities. Please visit either our Warsash or Bursledon office, or call 01489 581452 or 02380 408200 to speak to one of the team.