We've provided a comparison of the local primary schools either side of the Hamble, state and private.
If you’re looking at moving into the local area and have primary school aged children, one of your first considerations will be, what are the schools like? Luckily, the area surrounding the Hamble has a wide range of excellent primary schools, state and private. It’s often difficult and time consuming to make these decisions using the mountains of information available online, so we’ve put together a handy guide below, containing some helpful facts to aid your choice.
You might also want to consider these practical points:
- Can you walk to school? This is well worth considering as there can be hundreds of parents dropping kids off so living within walking or scooting distance can be a real benefit!
- What extracurricular clubs are offered including before and after school clubs? If you require wraparound childcare to cover work, this is essential.
- Is there plenty of outdoor space for playtime, including spaces outdoor learning opportunities?
- It’s a long way off but finding out where most children go to secondary school is also important. If you plan to stay in the area, you ideally need to be in catchment. You can find all the local school catchment areas here: https://www.hants.gov.uk/educationandlearning/findaschool.
- Try to speak to parents of existing children, you’ll get the best gauge of opinion here. Plus, you’ll find out about the local area!
Our staff are all local to the Hamble River area and are very happy to answer your questions about the local area, schools, amenities, and leisure activities. Please visit either our Warsash or Bursledon office, or call 01489 581452 or 02380 408200 to speak to one of the team.